The process to form an LLC in Michigan involves a lot of paperwork and many stages before you can finally commence your operations. While it is possible to do all this by yourself, you can always use an extra hand. This help comes from none other than formation companies in the country, and even in Michigan, MI. The role of these companies, which also offer Michigan resident agent services, is to work out the filling and filing of all important paperwork. That way, you can focus on the most important aspects of your business and leave the document aspects to LLC formation services. This LegalZoom review will help you decide if this is the best course of action for your company. Not only will we look at some of the LegalZoom LLC formation packages you can consider but we will also cover the advantages and disadvantages of this decision.
Why choose LegalZoom registered agent services for Michigan LLC?
Unlike other formation companies that have made their mark for offering formation help, this company has also carved a niche in the world of legal matters. Clients also rely on it for legal templates which come in handy when creating documents for official purposes. Additionally, it offers a wealth of other legal resources which help entrepreneurs navigate complex sides of their businesses.
Besides a range of affordable registered agent services, this company also boasts experience. Having operated for more than twenty years gives it an edge over its competitors. Businesspeople setting up an LLC in Michigan who are after professionalism from experts often lean on this side. Going by its past and present reviews, the company has worked hard to offer the best possible services and has maintained millions of customers. That is quite a feat in a world of ever-increasing competition.
What packages does LegalZoom Michigan offer?
This most well-known LLC formation service available categorizes its packages in three tiers, based on their features as described here. It helps to note, though, that unlike other services that throw in free Michigan LLC registered agent services, this service does not have this incentive. Thus, if you want to benefit from LegalZoom registered agent services and have them as your official point of contact, you need to pay the LegalZoom registered agent fee of $299 each year. The packages mainly focus on forming and maintaining your business and fall under:
This first opening a Michigan LLC option costs $79 + $50 MI filing fees and is the most affordable option. It takes about 30 business days to process and includes:
- A name check: Ensuring that nobody has either used or reserved your preferred name enables you to avoid having to file your paperwork twice. The professionals handling your paperwork run your business name availability through the state database to make sure it is available. If it is not, they advise you to choose another identifier that is acceptable to the state. This back and forth continues until you find the perfect name. Moreover, they make sure that the naming follows the state guidelines to prevent a situation where your application gets denied.
- Paperwork filling: The experts will collect information from you and fill it where necessary. It is easy to make mistakes when completing the Michigan business formation forms. Unfortunately, if you do this, you will have to pay yet more state fees to rectify your mistake. Luckily, leaving this task in the hands of experts ensures that you can avoid these costs and additional time. They have handled hundreds of thousands of papers and know just what to include.
- Paperwork submission: Other than ensuring that every detail checks out, the professionals handling your paperwork will also submit the forms to the authorities. You can make your application online and do not even need to leave the house to ensure that your paperwork gets to the authorities. This service is part of the package, and you will not pay an extra dime. As part of the package, a specialist must go through your order and make sure that nothing is amiss. It ensures that any mistakes missed in the initial stages do not delay or deter your application.
- Customer support: You will likely have questions at every stage of the application. The good news is that the LegalZoom’s customer service is on standby every day of the week. Whether you want to get additional services or have concerns about your paperwork, they will be ready to walk you through the solutions. Plus, this support is lifetime and does not cease once you have started your business.
- An authorization letter to open a bank account: You will need to protect your interests by ensuring that you operate a business bank account for the business. An easy way to do this is to draft a banking resolution letter, granting one or more people in the organization the right to transact on behalf of the others. Instead of writing this letter from scratch, you can lean on the professionals to create a sterling letter that is sure to get you an account in no time.
For this next tier, you are subject to a fee of $329 + $50 MI filing fees. Your paperwork to register a Michigan LLC should be ready in approximately 15 business days. This option allows you to enjoy everything in the first tier plus:
- An organizer: You get a deluxe organizer which comes complete with the name of your business. Having embossed stationery goes a long way in cementing the fact that you are one step away from being operational.
- Membership certificates: Up to 20 members of your organization get certificates complete with a business seal to show their ownership in the business. All the official certificates and seal come personalized to reflect the new company.
- LegalZoom VIP Processing: By virtue of being in the second tier, your order will be considered a priority compared to those in the first tier. You get to have your Michigan LLC registration documents ready in record time.
This last option costs $349 + $100 MI filing fees. It includes everything in the previous options, takes about 10 business days to process, and includes:
- Faster processing: Everyone in this tier enjoys rush processing with secretary of state and you can get your documents ready in as few as 10 business days.
- Faster shipping: Immediately after your documents to start an LLC in Michigan get a stamp of approval from the authorities, they will be expressly sent to you.
LegalZoom Pros & Cons
- LegalZoom experience: As a service that has been operational for more than two decades, very few competitors come close to its prowess. It boasts millions of business customers who have walked through its doors and continue to sing its praises.
- Guarantee: If you are unhappy with the services, you have the option to get your money back as many as 60 days from the time of purchase. How many other companies can offer a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee close to this?
- Free name search: Even if you do not sign up with this well-established LLC service, you can still use their name check services.
- Availability: Most companies’ customer service representatives are available for limited hours each day. This service, on the other hand, is available from Monday to Sunday for extended hours.
- Annual maintenance: Rather than deal with annual reports by yourself, you can also delegate LLC compliance assistance to this professional service. It takes a load of work off your back and gives you even more value for your money.
- LegalZoom LLC cost: In an industry where some companies offer their services for free, the pricing in this company is costly.
- Upsells: Even with their high costs, LegalZoom LLC still tries to get clients to add more items to their carts which can further drive up the LegalZoom price-points.
LegalZoom Customer Reviews
As a business that has been in the industry for decades, it has amassed hundreds of reviews. Most of them lie on the positive side, with an average rating of more than 4 stars which is a good sign.
Should I open a Michigan LLC through LegalZoom?
This massive online LLC service has gained a boost in reputation as it continues to upgrade its services to attract even more customers. But is creating an LLC through LegalZoom right for you?
The answer is yes if you want to work with an experienced and professional company that offers a guarantee. However, if you would like to save money and do not need much technical and legal help, you can consider cheaper options in the market.